San Diego, California Personal Injury Lawyers
The personal injury lawyers in San Diego at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work closely with individuals who have been injured in car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, construction accidents, tour bus accidents, construction accidents, and other types of serious accidents. We help clients who have suffered serious injuries due to another person’s negligence or neglect, including head injuries, neck injuries, spinal injuries and more. You may only have a limited amount of time to seek damages for your injuries in San Diego. The personal injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers may be able to help you seek damages from negligent parties and make a claim with insurance companies.
If you’ve been involved in an accident in San Diego, California due to another person’s negligence or neglect, you may be facing a range of new challenges. You may be experiencing physical effects as a result of your injury, requiring medical care or rehabilitative services. You may be learning how to adjust to grief, trauma, or other psychological consequences of your accident. Finally, families and survivors may experience new financial strain as a result of medical expenses, rehabilitative care costs, and lost wages from your accident. If you’ve been hurt due to another person’s negligence or neglect, you may have the right to seek compensation for your losses. Under California law, you can collect damages for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You may also be able to collect damages for future medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitative care connected to your injury.
Settlement Involving Sexual Assault
Medical Malpractice action resulting in a confidential settlement
Confidential Settlement Legal Malpractice
Jane Doe was sexually harassed by her manager at a fast food restaurant.
Settlement Involving a Motorcycle versus Vehicle Accident
Steps to Take After an Accident in San Diego
If you’ve been hurt in an accident in San Diego, you may have many questions about your next steps and options. One of the things to keep in mind if you’re been hurt is the importance of seeking medical care for your injuries. Follow your doctor’s instructions and keep all medical records related to your accident. If you can, you’ll want to exchange contact information with other people at the scene of the accident, and get the names of any witnesses. You’ll also want to call the police and make a police report of the accident. Finally, when you get a chance, you’ll also want to report the accident to your insurance company.
These are just some basic things to keep in mind following any serious injury accident. However, the aftermath of an accident, you may also want to speak to a personal injury lawyer in San Diego. A personal injury lawyer in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can review the details of your case, help you understand your rights and options under the law, and guide you on the next steps to help you with your claim and case.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury
Not all of the injuries individuals suffer in an accident are visible or even immediately diagnosed. In fact, post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury symptoms can take some time before they become apparent to family and individuals suffering from the condition. Unlike broken bones, back or neck injuries, or internal injuries, brain injuries and the psychological effects of accidents can be harder to treat and diagnose. Some individuals may not even be aware that they are suffering from these injuries. So, what are the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury? Here are some things to consider:
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who have experienced a frightening, shocking, or dangerous event may develop Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is possible to suffer a sudden accident and not develop PTSD, but a serious accident puts you at greater risk of getting PTSD. Symptoms include:
- Recurring thoughts
- Avoidance of places that remind you of the accident
- Being startled easily
- Loss of interest in normal life activities
If you or a loved one develops these symptoms after an accident, it may be a good idea to seek medical attention right away. Proper care can reduce the risk of suicide, harmful behavior, and addiction. Proper care can also get you back to work and back to enjoying life activities. However, care for PTSD can sometimes be costly. If you have developed PTSD after an accident that occurred due to another person’s negligence of neglect, reach out to the personal injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today.
Traumatic Brain Injury. Traumatic brain injury can vary in severity. Severe cases can result in cognitive, behavioral, or perceptual disability. However, even mild traumatic brain injury, while harder to diagnose, can interfere with your ability to enjoy life. According to the Mayo Clinic, mild traumatic brain injury symptoms include:
- Sleeping problems
- Memory problems
- Difficulty concentrating
If you or a loved one is suffering from mental symptoms after being in an accident, it is important to get help. The scars and pain of psychological injuries can be just as serious as physical injuries. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are personal injury attorneys in San Diego, California who understand the very real impact of post traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury on accident victims and their families. Our firm works hard to help families seek justice from negligent parties and fights to help families get the recovery they may deserve.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in San Diego, California?
Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers Law Firm in San Diego
While not all minor accidents or injuries will require the assistance of a personal injury lawyer, if you’ve been seriously hurt or injured in a car accident, in a slip and fall injury, in a burn accident, in a boating accident, or other serious accident, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you get the recovery you may deserve. For instance, your lawyer can review your accident and determine the value of your claim. The value of your claim will depend on many factors, including your medical expenses, time you’ve missed from work, and whether you are entitled to pain and suffering damages. Damages in a personal injury lawsuit are awarded to victims to compensate them for losses they may have sustained after an accident. What factors will your San Diego personal injury lawyer consider when assessing the value of your claim? Here are a few:
- Medical Expenses. Your personal injury attorney will take a look at your medical and rehabilitation expenses. If you will require ongoing care or nursing care, your lawyer will also take these concerns into consideration. You may also be entitled to receive money to cover the care you’ve already received or paid for. Many personal injury victims may make the mistake of only seeking damages for the medical expenses and rehabilitation costs they’ve already incurred. They may not always realize that they are entitled to seek damages for future expenses stemming from their injury. Estimating these damages may not always be easy. This is why speaking to a personal injury lawyer in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can be immensely helpful.
- Property Damage. Your lawyer will calculate the value of property damage resulting from the accident. For instance, if you’ve been in a car crash, the value of damages or repairs to your car can be assessed.
- Lost Wages. If you’ve had to miss time at work or anticipate missing future time at work, your lawyer will assess the value of lost wages based on your weekly and monthly pay. Lost wages for serious injury accidents can also be complicated. For example, if you’ve been disabled as a result of an accident and can no longer work or advance in your career, you may be entitled to seek compensation for future lost earnings. A serious injury can have a major impact on a family’s financial solvency. The accident lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work with individuals and families to help them get the maximum possible settlement under the law.
- Pain and Suffering. You may be entitled to receive compensation for any lifestyle changes you’ve had to make as a result of your accident. For instance, if you can no longer care for your children in the way you once did, if you cannot participate in hobbies as you formerly did, or if you need work retraining as a result of your injuries, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages. It is important to note that some kind of losses can have a real economic impact on your family. For example, if you were seriously injured and can no longer care for your children, you may now need to hire a caretaker or day care, and these costs can be immense. Your lawyer will learn about your specific circumstances and then use formulas to estimate your pain and suffering amounts.
If you’ve been injured due to another person’s negligence or neglect, you may be entitled to seek a recovery under California law. In some cases, you may be able to collect a settlement from insurance companies, while in other instances, you may be entitled to a recovery from another individual or company responsible for your injuries. Understanding the value of your damages is important to speaking to insurance adjusters who sometimes make lower initial estimates. While insurance companies are required to honor their contractual obligations, some insurance adjusters may require detailed documentation following a serious injury. Because these injuries can result in larger settlements, victims and their families may need to provide more evidence to support their claim. A personal injury lawyer in San Diego, California at Jeffrey E. Estes may be able to help you with this process.
If you have questions about the value of your personal injury case, contact Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today. Our San Diego, California law firm works closely with personal injury victims and their families to help them get the maximum recovery allowable under the law. We offer new clients a free initial consultation during which we can offer you an honest assessment of your case.
Call Today! Se Habla Español
Toll Free: 855-290-8080
San Diego: 619-233-8021
Orange County: 714-384-6556
Protect Your Rights in San Diego, California
The days and weeks after an accident takes place are crucial. You’ll receive important medical care and may have to go through rehab. You may also have to plan for new challenges ahead. Families of personal injury survivors sometimes wonder how they’ll pay for medical care, nursing care, rehabilitation services, or pay bills while their loved one is out of work. Fortunately, in California, you don’t have to answer these questions alone. The law offers important protections for victims who were hurt due to another person’s neglect or negligence. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are San Diego, California personal injury attorneys who fight for the rights of injured victims and their loved ones. You may only have a limited amount of time to seek a recovery for your injuries. It is important that you seek caring and qualified counsel as soon as possible. Contact our firm today to learn more.