Boating Accident Lawyers in Escondido, California
The boating accident lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers in Escondido, California work closely with individuals who have been hurt in boating accidents due to the negligent or neglect of another person or party. The California Division of Boating and Waterways reports that, in 2016, boating accidents resulted in an estimated $3,911,886 in property damage. These figures don’t account for the real cost of injuries and deaths individuals can sometimes sustain while boating around Escondido, California.
While boating is a wonderful way to enjoy a sunny day, it can also be dangerous if individuals aren’t properly trained, if drunk boating is involved, if distracted boating is involved, or if boaters make critical errors. Boating accidents can be very costly for victims and families. Not only might your boat be wrecked, but you and your loved ones might be facing high medical costs, weeks to months of rehabilitative care, lost wages due to missed time from work, and pain and suffering. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California who understand boating accident law and who can help you navigate the claims process. If you’ve been hurt in a boating accident due to the neglect or negligence of another person or party, reach out to the boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers.
Settlement Involving Sexual Assault
Medical Malpractice action resulting in a confidential settlement
Confidential Settlement Legal Malpractice
Jane Doe was sexually harassed by her manager at a fast food restaurant.
Settlement Involving a Motorcycle versus Vehicle Accident
Causes of Boating Accidents in Escondido, California
Many factors lead to boating accidents in Escondido, California. The California Division of Boating and Waterways reports on the many reasons why boating accidents occur. If you’ve been hurt in a boating accident due to the negligence of another boater or individual, you may have the right to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California today. What are some factors leading to boating accidents in Escondido, California?
- Collision with another boat. The most common boating accidents often involve collisions with another boat. Of the 588 boating accidents in 2016, 209 involved a crash with another boater. Boat crashes can occur for many of the same reasons that driving accidents occur. Boaters may have been distracted or they may have been drinking. Exceeding boating speed limits, reckless or careless boating, or inexperienced boaters can also contribute to accidents. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a boating accident law firm in Escondido, California that works closely with injured boaters to help them seek compensation for their losses. Visit us today if you believe another boater may have been responsible for your accident.
- Sinking or Capsizing. Less common boating accidents involve sinking and capsizing. However, when these accidents occur, they can be serious. Individuals can be injured or die due to exposure in cold water. Others can drown if boats are not equipped with proper safety equipment. Commercial boat operators can be held negligent if the boat sinks or capsizes and riders do not have life jackets or if safety measures weren’t properly performed. If you have been hurt in a boating accident due to a sinking or capsizing boat, visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident attorneys in Escondido, California today.
- Man or Woman Overboard. Sudden stops, careless or reckless boating, and other accidents can lead to falls overboard. When this happens, victims can drown or become seriously injured. Victims can sometimes be struck by other boats or recreational vehicles out on the water, leading to more injuries.
- Slip and Fall. Boat surfaces can be slippery. Commercial boat operators and private boat operators alike have a responsibility to prevent dangerous slip and falls on their boats. Putting slip-resistant surfaces on decks known to get wet can help, as can ensuring that there are proper hand railings in areas where a slip and fall can be dangerous. If you or a loved one suffered a slip and fall on a private or commercial boat, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California to learn more about your options and rights.
- Struck by Boat. Boaters have a responsibility to operate their boats safely, and to avoid areas where there may be swimmers. While divers and snorkelers are required to use proper flags to indicate their presence in the water, boaters need to also abide by laws regarding how they should operate their boats when there are divers and swimmers present. Boaters have a responsibility to honor speed limits as well. When they fail to do this, the consequences can be tragic. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident attorneys in Escondido, California who may be able to help you and your family navigate the claims process if you have been struck by a boat.
Many factors contribute to boating accidents. Fortunately, most accidents can be prevented with proper training, precautions, and safety. However, when boaters act irresponsibly, injuries and deaths can occur. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a boating accident law firm that offers caring and compassionate counsel to boating accident victims and their families.
Injured in a Jet Ski Accident?
Jet skis can be fun, but they also pose unique challenges and risks for those who use them. Jet ski riders can reach speeds upwards of 60 miles per hour. These same riders may not have the protection of a boat should an accident occur. In some cases, the victims in jet ski accidents are teens and children. Hundreds of people are injured in jet ski accidents every year. Common jet ski accidents include brain injury, drowning, and spinal cord injuries. These injuries can be life-threatening and life-altering. Jet ski riders can collide with one another, collide with fixed structures in the water, and even collide with swimmers and other boaters. Like any watercraft, proper training is important. However, many jet ski riders fail to get the training they need or they may fail to wear floatation devices. In other situations, jet ski riders can collide with swimmers or others in the water, resulting in serious injury. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a jet ski accident, consider reaching out to the boating accident attorneys at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates in Escondido, California. Our boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California can review the details leading up to your accident, identify negligent parties, and help you seek compensation either through an insurance claim or by seeking damages from negligent parties. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Reach out to a boating accident lawyer in Escondido, California today.
Unique Features of Boat Accident Law
Boat accident law may have unique features. For example, the laws that apply on land are a little different than the laws that apply to waterways, and when you enter international waters, the law can get even more complex than that. Unlike the highway, where the big difference between vehicles usually involves trucks, passenger vehicles, and motorcycles, there can be wide variation between the size of water vehicles on a given body of water. There might be yachts, canoes, kayaks, small fishing boats, and swimmers, all trying to use the same body of water. While all boats and water craft have a right to access waterways unless there are laws restricting their use, larger vessels generally have a greater duty of care to watch for smaller vessels.
When it comes to accidents that occur on waterways, it depends which waterway the accident occurred that will govern applicable law. State law applies if you were boating on the navigable waters within a state, but federal laws may apply if you were boating on the ocean or in waterways that divide states. Sound confusing? Boating law can be more complex than law involving accidents on dry land. If you’ve been hurt in a boat accident in Escondido, California reach out to the boating accident lawyers in Escondido California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates. Our boating accident lawyers can review the details of your case, identify applicable laws, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
Seek Justice Today
If you have been hurt in a boating accident. Consider reaching out to a lawyer in Escondido, California right away. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim for your boating accident injuries. If another party was responsible for your injuries and losses, you may be entitled to make a claim under the law. The boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are compassionate and caring attorneys who work closely with individuals and families who have been impacted by boating accidents. You have rights under the law and don’t have to navigate the claims process alone. We offer new clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and guide you on the next steps. Call us at 855-290-8080 today to learn more.